We are a Law Social Enterprise currently registered in Kenya. We are dedicated to making the law known by using legal solutions to solve social problems leveraging on Law, Technology & User Centered Design.
KnownAfrique Law App:
Our focus is primarily taking the law to the people wherever they are, with Technology, this has become a viable and sustainable possibility. The KnownAfrique Law App enables easier access to legal information and help in both real time and offline modes. Those in need of immediate legal assistance can simply “call my lawyer” through the downloadable App on their phone.
We are currently seeking a Tech talent to be part of the scale up team for the Law App. It’s a result-driven and fast-paced environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and build advanced Android Law App Application
- Manage and maintain the best App experience for KnownAfrique.
- Work with outside data sources and APIs.
- Foresee and recommend technological trends for KnownAfrique Law App.
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Communicate your work via a proper documentation with emphasis on deploying a re-usable and easy to understand code.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features where necessary.
- Report and present on the status of technology and communicate progress to the rest of the KnownAfrique team.
- Evaluate current processes and work with the rest of the team to streamline delivery.
The job description outlines the principal purpose and main elements of the tasks that will be required of the successful applicant. It is a guide to the nature of the main duties as they currently exist but is not intended as a wholly comprehensive work document.
This is a role that is largely centered on technologies and how technology works within the legal world. You will report to and work in partnership with the CTO & COO. You will be required to constantly update the CEO for vision driven direction.
We are looking for someone who (ideally) is:
- Organized, efficient, detail-oriented and successful at meeting deadlines.
- A graduate in Software/IT or Telecom/Software Engineering or similar field.
- Proven software development experience, Android skills development.
- Proven software development experience.
- A great understanding in software development, programming and latest Web technologies: including but not limited to GitHub, Conversant with BitBucket, PHP/HTML5, Native Android development.
- Proven working experience in Android app development and have published at least two original Android app.
- Experience with Android SDK.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Solid understanding of the full Mobile development life cycle.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Resourceful and hands on attitude, with the ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with high professionalism.
- Experience in managing Technology Projects and partners.
For insights on the scope, please familiarize yourself with the current version of the App noting that the updates will focus more on the “call my Lawyer” features, logging capabilities for real time logging the sessions and InApp purchases.
Android Google Playstore link — App Name:”KnownAfrique” “KnownLaw“:
HOW TO APPLY
For more details or to apply, send a covering letter and CV including any relevant examples of your work to email@example.com